Monday, November 21, 2011

God wants to mess you up!!

In my prayer time God was showing me he wants so much to get in the middle of what we are doing. But he will not force himself on you. This has to be a choice on your part to let him mess with your stuff. The things that are most important to you or that suck up most of your time.

For some of us it will be simple stuff, like your TV time, or time on the computer or face book. For some it will be quitting your job, or selling everything you have to go to a distance country to minister or to the inner city.

Everyone is wondering why God isn't moving or not revealing himself. People are blaming God for not moving and not showing them stuff and wonder where is he? But he can't,,, no he won't, make you give up the things that you love. He wants it to be your choice. You are not a robot. He wants you to make the choice to surrender these things, It's up to you. You can very easily hear from God in most cases when you decide to give up on your dreams, your goals, your hobbies and your desires.

For what Tim? Is he going to make me move to Africa and become a missionary? Maybe, but I think for most people it will be having you more focused on that person that you work with that is going through a bad time in their marriage and cause you to spend time praying for them. Or he may want you to become a mentor or a disciple to some young person. Right now our Sunday afternoons are filled with football, nascar, napping, house work, video games or just spending time with family. Are these things bad? No, not on the surface, but if these things are causing us to be distracted from our time that should be the Lords, then yes, they are evil!

Matthew 12: 48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

People, my spirit is saying there is an urgency and feeling like if we don't do this now, we will miss what is going on in the spirit and miss the opportunities God has for us.

When will we hear from God? When we are REALLY listening. How will we hear from God? How ever he wants to reveal himself. For some it will be just reading his word and acting on it.

Some say, "But I've already read that whole Bible and know it well."
But each day brings new life to the word, for each situation or circumstance. READ IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN. Keep DOING what it says. He will lead you just in doing that. I really believe that he will reveal himself in our doings, not just in your begging him to.

But you must move, and pray and fast and seek. He will not move in your life if you have a remote in your hands and arms crossed and never making yourself available.

How many of us are ready to stand before almighty God at the judgment seat and say, Hey God, I gave you all my time and energy? I believe we will be mostly embarrassed by our lack of trying rather than our trying and messing it up.

Most of the time we get so comfortable with life and we don't want to make waves. It is time to let God completely mess up our lives and make it what he wants........ Will you let him?


As my pastor said this week, you are hurting God's heart when we do not trust him!

Also, Amy said “you are his treasure.”

He wants to give to you, and use you, if you let him. Give everything you have for him! When he sees your commitment, I guarantee he will move! We must be sold out to God!!!!!!!

Or just stay on the couch and wonder where God is……..

2 comments:

  1. I love this Tim. Thank you for writing and posting it. This is just what I needed tonight. I miss you at work but your work is God's work and we're brother and sister in Christ so you're never far away! I'm listening and doing. Time to make some changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim, I have been fighting with the devil so thanks. God Bless you and the family, ANN MARSH-ROBINSON

    ReplyDelete