Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happiness? What/Where is it?


I work for a really good company that keeps hiring even during the employment struggles that are happening now. So I am thankful for my job, but I am really struggling every day to get up and go to work. I'm not sure if it's because I am a data tech coordinator, which means glorified customer service rep and the job is so stressful, or if it is because I have been doing customer service type jobs for almost 20 years now. I am a christian, but this job has made me have an angst for people. I know, not a very Christ like quality.... I do still have compassion for many people, Like that little old person who is really trying to get into today's technology but has never touched a computer before. Then they buy a computer and wireless card and all the accessories to go with it. Then they call me to help set it up.... yeah, you know that's gonna be about a 2 hour call. But what I really can't stand are the executives that call you and think they know more about the service that we sold them than we do. It may not even be the customer service thing that I am hating. I wouldn't mind it so much, I think, If at the end of the day I could like go to a beach and it be 75 degrees out and just veg for a while before going home and going though the routine. But even if not that, if I had a place in my house that didn't have a TV and could have some mood music(jazz) and dim lighting and maybe a trickling of water, like a fountain or something, I don't know. I love my family and all, but I don't think they understand what I go through everyday. I know, almost everyone says that about their jobs, but it is really getting old!

How do people do it, Love there jobs and still make money? I mean, I've always said it, If someone would pay me to be a beach bum, that would be awesome. But haven't seen that one in the paper lately. I know I made some really stupid mistakes when I was younger that I am still paying for today. The biggest one I'm sure was: because of my dad, a Methodist pastor, passing away, I had a FULL ride at a four year college scholarship. I started it, but only got about two semesters in when someone told me about a job at a large telecom company. I thought, why have a degree in 4 years when I can have a great job now. DUMB! Now I am stuck in this type of a job. I know, I know, always look at the positive right? And I do appreciate the job security. But I need a job I can be passionate about, or own my own business. But in this economy and with the tax and spend liberals about to take over the White House, congress and senate, I don't think it is good timing.

I have really been praying about this a lot lately and I believe God keeps taking me back to the people in the Bible like Paul. That man was persecuted, tortured, jailed, ship wretched and left for dead. And he never gave up. I know, he was face to face with the Son of the Living God.. but, that's still a lot of stuff to go through. I also see God saying I am on my own personal mission at my work and in the places I go to every day. I too have seen God, well at least the awesome things he has done. I have no doubt who God is and where he is. I feel his spirit living in me every day. I know I am a big baby, but tears are welling up right now as I type this because I feel his very presence every time I think of Him or praise his name or sing about Him. No one can take away my experience or tell me what I feel is just gas or something. Or that it is just a physical reaction to something that I have created in my own head. I Know what I know is truth! I trust in my God. I know he will help me. I also know it will be in his perfect time, not in mine. God has a great plan for me. Yes, I hope it is near a tropical climate, but if it is in Greenland, I will go there to. And if it is in my back yard, I will stay here and do what I am doing with a song of praise in my breaking heart.

My wife is a saint. She always has to put up with my complaints about the job, the climate, my aching bones and back and on and on and on.... She has finally said that when our children who are now 12 and 17 go out on their own, we can move to a better climate. But my kids want grandparents close for their kids too. I need to not be so selfish and do the right thing for them. I need to make my focus Heaven and not Florida. Heaven will be so much better and more permanent. My hope and happiness is in the Lord and what he has for me. I place my trust in Him!

Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment